Printed materials are making a comeback as a marketing channel that works. Considering how saturated digital marketing is, it’s pretty easy to understand why.
Here are a few reasons you should consider incorporating more print in your marketing mix:
- Print allows the reader to chose when they will engage with your brand - Most digital marketing channels are out of mind, out of sight… messages are seen, then gone, and unfortunately, very hard for your audience to remember. Printed materials can be saved for a time when they need or want your information.
- Print allows the viewer to “unplug” - In our over-connected, and over-stimulated world of information pushed to us 24/7, it’s critical we unplug from the noise. Now more than ever, your audience will appreciate being able to learn more about your brand without having to be “plugged in”.
- Print can help your market remember you - Print is tactile, and touch is one of our most powerful senses when it comes to storing memory and information. Think of how effective a physical piece can be if it encourages your audience to touch and engage with it? Tactile stocks, high & dull gloss finishes, interesting folds, scratch-off’s and cool die cuts – all scream “touch me”!
- Print plays well with other media – Quick reader (QR) codes and augmented reality (AR) technologies are just a few ways marketers can link print to mobile ready offers or landing pages. Incorporate digital with print to maximize your engagement and reach. Allrecipes.com is a great example of a brand creating cross-platform opportunities for advertisers while responding to increasing consumer demand for a curated, printed product. Circulation of their print magazine has grown 40% within the last year to 900,000, and the advertising dollars have followed.
- Print is used less, so it stands out more – With so many organizations heavily marketing through online and social channels, there’s a void in the print channel. Why not fill that void before your competition does?
- Print can yield a high ROI - A 2010 study by the Direct Marketing Association revealed that for every $1.00 spent on print advertising expenditures, an average of $12.57 in sales were generated. That’s a great ROI, and even better, all industries showed that average.
As you develop your marketing strategies for 2015, consider print a powerhouse in your marketing channel mix. There are so many interesting finishing techniques, stocks and ink options out now to help you create memorable brand touchpoints.
Are you ready to get creative?
RAD Graphics is a tactical marketing firm that helps businesses grow by creating, producing and delivering award-winning pieces and campaigns through a variety of marketing channels, including print. For a free consultation, please call 216-371-3003.